We plan to support families of vulnerable children with cancer to self isolate as much as possible. Our aim is to establish a network that can ensure that families can get essential items that they need, without delay and without needing to leave the house.
We would also like to offer other forms of practical and emotional support during this very difficult time. We aim to have this in operation by 28th March - to do this, we need your help!
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN LIGHT OF THE GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT AT 8.30pm ON MONDAY 23rd MARCH WE WILL NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME REVIEWING THE NEW RULES TO CLARIFY WHETHER WE CAN STILL RUN THIS PROJECT.
HOWEVER WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO STILL LEAVE YOUR DETAILS SO THAT WE CAN RUN THE PROJECT IF POSSIBLE - this service may still be required after the 'lockdown' period has finished.
We need as many volunteers and businesses/suppliers to help us as possible.
We are looking to recruit a team of volunteers to help with tasks such as:
- Going shopping on behalf of families
- Deliver shopping or essential supplies/equipment to families
- Giving moral/emotional support by telephone or other communication forms
- Other types of errand
- Look after pets or walk a dog
- Driving a family member to an urgent appointment (special rules will apply)
- Any specialist skills that you can offer
Please complete the form below to let us know how you can help.
If you are a business owner that is able to assist with prioritising home delivery of grocery shopping to these vulnerable people until such a time as the Government initiative takes over, please contact us by email - email@example.com