We are looking for someone to help us support local families affected by childhood
cancer and brain tumours. Some key tasks and responsibilities may include:
• Communicate regularly with families, including answering queries via email
and social media;
• Occasional phone conversations with families to identify support needed;
• Advising families on how to access support, and helping to arrange this
• Supporting families in the process of applying for our assistance grants;
• General communication and administration tasks as required.
We welcome all applications, however the nature of role means that the following
skills would be very beneficial:
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Good listener;
• Empathetic and respectful of confidentiality;
• Confidence in email, social media and phone correspondence.
• Good organisational skills
Variable but approximately 6 hours per week maximum, to be flexible around your
Administrative work will be predominantly home-based, however you may be
required to attend occasional meetings in the Hethersett area.
This role requires knowledge of the support available to families in the local area,
which you will be trained on as part of your induction. A DBS check will also be
required (we will arrange this).
To apply, please fill out this short application form:
The closing date for applications is Sunday 8th August.
If you have questions about the role or would like more information,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org.